Saturday, April 23, 2011

sighhhhhh

I swore that i already posted this last week but i guess not! It's a little out of date but still all seems to be true! Enjoy!
Ive been having such a great week. Taylor and I MAGICALLY both had Wednesday off. It was so nice to be able to spend an extra day together during the week and I LOVED IT. Ive come to realize that before you get married, youre constantly scrambling to make time with that person you love and then once you actually get married (thinking youll be spending so much time together), it's easy to forget to put them on your schedule. You see each other at home after work, you sit next to them at church on Sunday and they're always in the bathroom when youre trying to get ready. I know Ill always see Taylor for a least a few hours a day but I definitely think we need to make an extra effort to make our time together a priority. It's not either of our faults, it's just really easy to cram all our extra time with school-related, house-related and work-related projects.
OK, enough on that tangent. Back to my great week. Basketball playoffs are here, we have an Arizona trip planned in a week! and despite the 4 papers I have due in the next 10 days, and the monster of a project we call our spare room, I feel at peace. I know I sound like a broken record but I have the greatest husband and Ive never been so happy with my life.
On a different note, Id like to pay a little tribute to my friend, Kristie. She has a blog () that I LOVE and has really inspired me to keep up on my own. Her posts are so real. Im always impressed of how aware of her readers she is, but she still writes for herself. She's very passionate about everything she posts, as well as decorating, fashion, music and so many other things! It's made me wonder what I'm passionate about. Ive actually pondered on this subject alot this past year. Ive thought about things I could really get into: refinishing furniture, starting to paint again, becoming an amazing cook (I would love to do this but let's face it, it's a longshot), and things of the like. Ive always struggled with feeling like there's nothing I'm SUPER good at. Im more like...average at alot of things. But this past week, I went and saw my Grannie (love her) and as she was helping me plan an activity for my young women, she spouted off a couple of the things that Im good at, even though Im not great at them, and I felt pretty OK about that. Not everyone can keep a day planner like I do, or shop til they drop which Im really good at. So for now, I feel good about being Shauna, the average student, baker, lover of art and anything leopard, wife who cant wait to be a mom.

1 comment:

  1. I just read this today and thanks so much! You're so sweet! I totally feel the same as you with not being SUPER good at anything. Maybe we're just destined to be well rounded people who are good at most hings. Haha. I like that thought a lot.

    ReplyDelete