Monday, March 7, 2011

TOO EXCITED TO SLEEP!

So after much debate, Im back to the world of blogging! Ahem..I mean WE are back to the world of blogging! My reasoning is this: I live far away from ALL of my family (Hayter side), as well as some special favorites tucked away in Georgia, Sacramento, and So Cal who I dont get to talk to NEARLY as much as I would like. So Im creating this opportunity for them to log on to my witty banter whenever they would like :) in an attempt for them to keep up with my life, if they are so obliged.
But for now, Ill side-step the messy up-dates (who knows who needs to be caught up on what!) and start with a list of the top 5 things that team tondevold is looking forward to in the NEAR(ish) future:

1. CA FOR SB! (SB= spring break!)
yes, it's true. S&T will be making the trek home to visit family and friends for some MUCH needed vacation time. on the schedule we have YEN CHING, knott's berry farm, some quality time with PAPA G and bentley jones, and lots of hayters, smiths and pauls time! YAY! if we dont answer our phones, it will most definitely be because we are taking a nap.

2. TENNESSEE! Elder Tondevold served his mission in Knoxville, TN and we are more than excited for a trip back to this place he holds so dear to his heart. We are crossing our fingers that SOMEONE might decide to go to vet school out there and we could kill 2 birds with one stone. However, my first trip to the country music state (thats not really the motto, but I couldnt find it anywhere!) will be sufficient if I get to visit my beloved old roomie and eat alot of fried things that I didnt know could be fried. We kept saying that we would go over fall break BUT...WE ARENT GOING TO HAVE ONE THIS YEAR! hooray! which leads me to #3...

3. GRADUATING! For the purpose of being more flexible in the future (no, Im not pregnant), graduation has been moved up from December 2011 to AUGUST 2011. Taylor will be done in May and after that we will have to figure out what the universe has planned for us. Things I will miss most about college: spring break...fall break...christmas break...student discounts...classes taught by grad school students (always the best)...scheduling your day to start at 10...being able to milk the excuse "im just so busy with school." Things I will not miss: being exhausted and stressed every finals week...the first day of the semester (will I see people I know? Is this the right outfit? Do I keep this class or is the teacher expecting wayyyy too much from a 6th year college student?)...buying $200 textbooks...those magical weeks that all your teachers decide you have something due...trudging across campus in the snow because teachers take away extra points if you dont come on days that it blizzards. That's probably enough, you all get the picture. HOORAY FOR BECOMING AN ALUMNI AFTER ALL THIS TIME!

4. MY FIRST SUMMER WITH A HUSBAND! This first year is going by so quickly! Bittersweet, right? Although it will be filled with firsts, there are also a lot of things we have been glad to get out of the way as a newly married couple. So summer will be a GREAT way to close out our first year as team tondevold. :) Last summer I had to spend a majority of my time in Chile and planning a small get together called our wedding. I definitely felt jipped. I missed 4th of July (my favorite!) with Taylor, boating, and the good warm weather before it gets too hot. This summer will be divine. We will have 2 new babies in the family (!) and even though it will be a little crazy with school, I cant wait for summer nights, family visiting Utah, and my first 4th of July with my favorite person ever.

5. GRAD SCHOOL! nope, not for me. 6 years as an undergrad was more than sufficient for me to have the "college experience." I think I maybe even had it twice. But Taylor on the other hand, will be going back soon to fight the grad school dragon. Where? When? Who knows for sure. But it will be like our first little adventure! And I personally, cant wait!

On a closing note, one last thing that I am looking forward to is new goals and accomplishments because of my wonderful husband and how much he inspires me...DAILY. There hasnt been ONE SINGLE DAY where I havent decided something that I am going to work on or change, simply because he makes me feel like I can do it! He is so awesome in every way and just makes me want to be a better person all around. Team Tondevold makes me feel INVINCIBLE and because of T, I am that much closer to becoming the BEST version of myself. Is this just what happens in marriage, or did I just get really REALLY lucky? Im gonna go with the latter. :)

ST OUT!

4 comments:

  1. So I just learned this the other day but TN is the volunteer state!! For the civil war the most soldiers volunteered there

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man I am so glad I know that now. Thanks Jess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we both lucked out! I love how much support Taylor gives you. Being married is the best. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Shauna, you are just the cutest person ever!! I think Taylor definitely got lucky too! :) You guys are so cute together, I love it! Well I'm glad you have decided to blog again and I can read all your fun posts (since I never see you guys and just never know what's going on...?! hehe j/k) Now we just need to give you copies of all the pics we take of you guys (us, the Hales, and my parents etc..) :) Have fun in Cali, see ya soon!

    ReplyDelete