Friday, March 25, 2011

back to reality...(oh, there goes gravity)

Home sweet home! (a couple weeks ago). California was dreamy! It was so good to get to visit with everyone and just be home. It's funny how Salt Lake feels like home until I get back to good old Tustin! Seeing all the places I know so well and used to go so often make me feel less homey about Salt Lake. Tustin Lanes, The Market Place, even the Circle K that me and Jess always used to walk to! My favorite part was not waking up to an alarm and being with Taylor 24/7 for a week. And we always love Newport but it was a little chilly when we were there. I definitely took the beach for granted all my life because it's funny to see how excited Taylor gets just to see the ocean. Overall it was a great trip, but it just never seems like we get to spend enough time with anyone!
So me and Taylor super splurged and bought an iPad with some wedding money! We got a way good deal for a first edition on KSL since the new ones came out and we couldn't resist. So far the good has outweighed the bad and I don't think I've wasted too much time on it haha. But I got this sweet app called lose it! And its really been helping me keep track of my fitness goals. You put in your current weight and weight loss goals and it gives you a calorie range that you need to stay under each day. The best part is that every time you eat, you can put it in to the app. It has a huge list of brand name foods either from the store or from restaurants and has all the nutritional information so it's pretty accurate at counting your calories. And! when you exercise, you add that in and it tells you what you burned and how many more calories that allows you to eat for the day. I'm in love! It helps me pace myself when it's the middle of the day and I've almost reached my calorie count! It gives me motivation to get to the gym so i can eat a little more without feeling too bad. I highly recommend it! What are you guys doing to reach your weight loss goals? Especially my newlywed friends!

1 comment:

  1. I'm diggin the Eminem reference. Haha. So far I've been doing the Look Better Naked Workout from Women's Health. I just bought it at Target and it kicks my butt. I do it 4 days a week and while I've only lost 2 lbs (I've been doing it for 6 weeks), my pants fit way looser and I'm way stronger. The program is only 6 weeks, but then Karl and I are training for a 5K by running 4 nights a week. We also are only allowing eating out once a week. So far so good! I want that app though! It sounds so useful!

    ReplyDelete